Most products prescribed or produced by Dentist are intended to beautify our smile line and is sold everywhere in pharmacies around us. The major challenge with most of these products is that they contain chemicals that can damage our teeth and ultimately lead eroding the enamel on our teeth.
Even professional whitening performed by a dentist can lead to painful sensitivity, and the methods used are not in the slightest. However, don’t give up on your quest to finding solutions to whitening your brown teeth again. This article presents a once in a week method that can help you achieve a brighter, whiter grin leaving you flashing your pearliest whites- the natural way. All you need is a few ingredients which will be outline as you read on.
GUIDE ON HOW TO NATURALLY WHITEN YOUR TEETH AT HOME IN 3-5 MINUTES
You can naturally and cheaply whiten your teeth at home using two simple, all natural ingredients and a toothbrush. You can brush your way to a whiter smile in just few minutes, once per week. Follow the steps and guideline below:
- Tablespoon of baking soda (bicarbonate of soda
According to a study conducted in 2008, which examined the effect that toothpaste containing baking soda had on removing stain and teeth whitening. One group used baking soda peroxide toothpaste and bruised twice daily with their toothpaste for six weeks.
A significant result was achieved which improved the teeth shade score and tooth stain reductions of this group in comparison to other group that used silica based toothpaste.
A review of 5 clinical studies revealed that baking soda revealed that baking soda is an effective natural ingredient at removing plague from teeth. The plague removal effectiveness of baking soda was significantly greater than the non-baking soda products.
According to another study, baking soda has antibacterial and antimicrobial properties that can help reduce infections. Since baking soda is alkaline, it neutralizes the acids in the mouth, thus reducing the risk of tooth decay and gum disease. We can also use baking soda as a general kitchen medicine.
You might have read the claim that baking soda is abrasive. However, compared to commercial toothpastes, baking soda is much less abrasive, and therefore healthier for your teeth.
A SMALL AMOUNT OF 3% HYDROGEN PEROXIDE FOOD GRADE
Hydrogen peroxide (H202) comes in variety of grades designed to address its different uses for disinfection and sterilization. 3% hydrogen peroxide food grade can help to whiten your teeth if used carefully. That means you should avoid higher concentration and not use it too often. Higher concentrations can damage tooth enamel.
A study from 2006 examined the effect of 10, 20 and 30% hydrogen peroxide solutions on human enamel for different periods of time. The research found that higher concentrations of hydrogen peroxide solutions and longer period of time caused more damage to teeth.
The researchers recommended performing tooth whitening using low concentration of hydrogen peroxide, and shortening treatment time to reduce the possibility of teeth damage but reach the required change in color.
Another study from 2004 checked various concentrations of hydrogen peroxide gel (5, 10, 15 or 25%) on tooth whitening. It found that a person would need 12 applications of the 5% gel to achieve teeth whitening in comparison to one application for the 35% gel.
This means that to prevent damage to your teeth, you will need to use more low-concentration treatments for shorter time in order to achieve your desired teeth whiteness.
You can find other uses for hydrogen peroxide in my article “Food Grade Hydrogen Peroxide: Ingenious Uses and Benefits“.
A clean, new toothbrush
That’s it! Here is how to put nature’s smile brightener to work for you:
TEETH WHITENING AT HOME – THE METHOD
- Place a tablespoon of baking soda into a small bowl and add a small amount of 3% hydrogen peroxide food grade.
- Mix until you get a paste of a thick consistency.
- Put the paste onto the toothbrush and brush all of your teeth thoroughly, just as you would with regular toothpaste.
- Leave the paste on your teeth for 3 to 5 minutes. Make sure to not swallow any hydrogen peroxide.
- Rinse your mouth out well with plenty of water, and you’re done! That’s all there is to it.
Whitening Teeth with Baking Soda & Hydrogen Peroxide – Things to Consider
This natural whitening method should be performed no more than once per week in order to get a bright smile without harming the protective enamel covering the teeth.
– It is recommended that you use a fresh, clean toothbrush your first time trying the method and dedicating that toothbrush specifically to being used for whitening—in other words, don’t use your daily-use toothbrush for your whitening treatment.
– According to the National Capital Poison Center, swallowing small amounts of household (3%) hydrogen peroxide is not poisonous to humans. It can cause some irritation and cause a lot of foam in the mouth. If your child swallows some hydrogen peroxide, usually giving a small drink of water or milk is enough to remove the irritation. However, ingesting concentrated hydrogen peroxide (more than 10%) can result in severe injuries like ulcers, internal burning, vomiting, or intense abdominal pain.
– This treatment is not recommended for people who wear dental braces, as it would cause uneven whitening that would be noticeable once the braces were removed.
– After just one month of use (only four treatments) you should begin to see results in the form of a whiter, brighter smile!
So many people keep asking if they can actually use Baking Soda with Lemon Juice to Whiten Their Teeth. The truth is that some people use lemon juice along with baking soda as a natural toothpaste to whiten teeth. They usually mix 1 tablespoon of baking soda and add the juice of half a lemon to clean their teeth. But you need to be aware that lemon is a naturally acidic fruit.
A study published in 2015 found that the acidic nature of lemon juice has the potential to weaken tooth enamel. However, the study also noted that apple juice and orange juice can also affect the integrity of tooth enamel. It is also important to note that the research involved soaking a tooth in an undiluted lemon juice for 7 days.
So, when used infrequently, adding lemon juice to baking soda to help whiten your teeth may not have any negative result on your oral health.
This material content is developed to serve as a GUIDE for students to conduct academic research
NATURAL SOLUTIONS TO WHITENING YOUR TEETH FROM HOME WITHOUT A DENTIST IN 3-5 MINUTES>
A1Project Hub Support Team Are Always (24/7) Online To Help You With Your Project
Chat Us on WhatsApp » 09063590000
DO YOU NEED CLARIFICATION? CALL OUR HELP DESK:
09063590000 (Country Code: +234)
YOU CAN REACH OUR SUPPORT TEAM VIA MAIL: [email protected]
09063590000 (Country Code: +234)